Joseph
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor

I was charged with traffican ice the detective that came in

I was charged with traffican ice the detective that came in my home stating that they had a search warrant for me my home because a C.R.I said that they would find ice meth there in the pass 24 hours,I never seen the ice but I was arrested and they took my money they never gave me nothing to show that they took it nothing I never seen the drug they said they found none of that I just know that i was charged and arrested but my arresting officer was firer because sled had him under evestigation for pretty much the same thing he did to me took my money and sent me to jail with or for something that was not there or they put there but would it not be under the law to drop charges because he is not relible to stand in court against me on his word
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying that the officer that arrested you was fired for misconduct? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes he was

Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.

I assume you have an attorney, whether a public defender or a private attorney. Either way, your attorney should be able to use this information to significantly improve your outcome. As a habit, I routinely check the news for local police officers that are being investigated, have been fired or arrested. I then check my open files to see if any of those officers are involved in my cases. If so, I then contact the prosecutor to make sure he is aware of the development as well. Assuming the officer in question was important to the prosecutor's case, he will nearly always be forced to reduce or dismiss the charges. Based on your statements here, I would suggest that this could happen for you as well.

.
I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
he ask a question i anwsered and he never responded back
Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.

I actually did respond. Did you not receive my information? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry about that the reason why i am asking because my defender retired when my case was still going and the officer has been firer i yet have not heard anything i have been arrest since then for driving without d.l. so i have been book in and fingure printed but when you look at my name under the court search it said failure to appear benchwarrant so i call my bondman he said no he does not have me down as that i did not show now the officer firer i havent heard anything and i really do not know what to do i am a single parrent and i really dont need this just coming at me all of a sudden because i would have never miss court and i know how dirty cherokee county is i believe the whole county under evestigation if not misunderstood i just really want to know what ground can i stand on by law to get my case drop

Expert:  Joseph replied 1 year ago.

If your assigned public defender retired, another public defender should have been appointed. This attorney can just as easily handle the matter for you. As you may know, public defenders are overworked and underpaid, meaning it often takes them longer than you might hope to address any particular issue. If you haven't been able to speak with your attorney just yet, be patient and try again....you'll get through eventually.

.

As to "what ground (you) can stand on by law to get (your) case drop", there is no specific "law" to address this situation. Instead, as your initial post suggested, it is just a matter of credibility. If the arresting officer was fired for similar allegations, then the prosecutor's case is seriously harmed as he knows that his star witness will not be considered credible by the jury and you would be acquitted.

.

I am going off-line for the evening. Please feel free to respond, if necessary, and know that I will be back on-line tomorrow. Thank you for your patience.

.
.
.
.

Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience: I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor