How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to check and see if boyfriend is legally separated.

This answer was rated:

I want to check and see if boyfriend is legally separated. Do I have to go to the courthouse in person to check? I also want to check his background for criminal, traffic, or court actions. It may sound silly but I have a gut feeling and I want reassurance of a clean record. Please define the roadmap for me to do so or how I can check on things. Thanks in advance.

Actually, you can probably get all the information you need online. The entity charged with maintaining that information is the local clerk of court. Nearly every clerk has a website and will provide access to the information online. A quick Google search should locate the clerk's website for you. For example, if you live in Benton County, you would search "Benton county clerk of court".


Once you find the site, there will probably be a link for "public records" or "records search" or some other such term. Just follow the link, put in your boyfriend's name and see what records exist.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Joseph and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions