Joseph
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor
18539850

A friend urinated off a country road. No one saw him to his

A friend urinated off a country road. No one saw him to his knowledge. No police officer came to arrest him. Should he assume he will not be subsequently issued a ticket or arrested for this?

Yes, it would be a safe assumption that "he will not be subsequently issued a ticket or arrested". Many crimes (murder, burglary, computer hacking, as examples) create situations where evidence may be gathered well after the crime was committed and a person might be arrested at a much later date. However, this sort of situation would almost certainly require that it be witnessed by someone, preferably by a law enforcement officer. According to your information, this did not happen. As such, it seems most probable that your friend has no reason for concern.

.
I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

It has grown late and I am signing off for the evening. Please feel free to respond, if necessary, and know that I will be back on-line tomorrow. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. So several days later, there's no chance my friend will receive a ticket in the mail about this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On the remote chance someone videotaped this, would that be grounds for my friend receiving a notice?

As I'm sure you understand, I cannot guarantee any particular result. Having said that, I would state that it seems unlikely that anything will come of this. I would consider this a very safe assumption.

.

As to videotape of the incident, this too seems unlikely. As I understand it, this occurred on a country road where, presumably, there were very few people. Additionally, you stated that it did not appear that anyone had seen him. And, of course, several days have passed and there has still been no word or cause for concern. All in all, it seems likely that the matter should be considered closed.

.
.
.
.