RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

my son is on informal probation he has an opportunity to go on a week trip to mexico and w

my son is on informal probation he has an opportunity to go on a week trip to mexico and would have to leave tomorrow can he travel? he would be crossing the border into Mexico to the tijuana airport ?
Thank you for your question.

There generally is no restriction placed on a person to travel when on informal probation. Unless your son was given given specific prohibitions against leaving the state/country, he should be fine. The airport isn't going to stop him, nor is border patrol. It might be helpful to him, just as a precaution, to bring any paperwork with him regarding his case, should there be any question as to his case or his informal probation.