LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
6761470

I was charged with Civil stalking. I had not seen or talked

I was charged with Civil stalking. I had not seen or talked to the person in five years.
I had charge this person in another city for Receiving Stolen Property. The judge told me I was not aloud to do this and it was Stalking. It made no diff. that she works for the Judge.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 1 year ago.

Hello George,
My name isXXXXX a licensed attorney. Glad to try and help out.
Sure sorry for your circumstances, truly. My heart goes out to you.
Accordingly, please believe me when I say it brings me no pleasure to share the following information with you. I didn't enact the law, and personally I often disagree with various provisions, but nevertheless here's the truth. I won't do you the disservice of lying or misleading you. So, that being said, here's the truth based on my years of experience. What you've been told is indeed correct. It makes no difference that the person works for the Judge. And it makes no difference even if she was the one to invite or initiate contact. As the restrained party, what you were told is entirely correct. I could say otherwise, but it would be worthless information and worse yet, an outright lie.
I am sorry.
If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me.
I hope all works out for you.
Take care,
Ben, J.D.

LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience: Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's not the judge part. Its that Had nothing to do with with person. and

don't want too. Why is it against the law to charge someone. plus I just

a got a letter from the court to do it over.

Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 1 year ago.

Hello again George,

Thanks for writing back. Good to hear from you!

I have opted out (without charge) and opened your question.

No action is required on your part until you hear from a Legal Expert.

I truly hope all works out for you.

Kind regards,

Ben, J.D.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
I don't think it is stalking to charge someone with a crime, assuming that is all you did. The charges are actually brought by the police and I am completely at a loss to think why a judge would rule that you did not have the right to file a complaint with the police or that doing so was a violation of a no stalking order.

Please ask any follow up questions in this thread.