Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

An officer wrote me a ticket for a first offense dui but it

Customer Question

An officer wrote me a ticket for a first offense dui but it was actually my third and wrote the fine on my ticket. How will the dmv handle this?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

It was your 3rd in what time span?

Customer:

SC has a 10 year look back period meaning if you have not had one in the past 10 years this would be your first

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hi

We will continue here -

I see you keep coming and going from the Chat

Please tell me the information I requested.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it will be my third within 10 years

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hi

I see

Well, the District Attorney will first make that correction and re charge properly

At that point the DMV will have the corrected information and as such you will be subjected to a 2 year license suspension

I think I have answered all your questions; however, if not, please let me know.

Remember, I can only answer and provide true and correct information for what you ask.

Otherwise, please rate this service below Good to Excellent so that I may get credit for my time and information. Thank You and good luck with everything

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What if I just go pay the fine for the last one which said it was my first?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hi

If you do that, it will catch up with the DMV because they also have those court records and your license will still be suspended. But hey, what a thought process.