Law Pro, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  20 years trial experience in defense of criminal cases
11688690

once you are a convincted of a felony (white collar, fairly

once you are a convincted of a felony (white collar, fairly minor) how does your life change afterwards. are there restrictions on travel, lifestyle, etc.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 1 year ago.

Law Pro :

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m going to assist you with your question.

Law Pro :

What was the felony convicted of?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did not see your response
Expert:  Law Pro replied 1 year ago.
Just to be sure of my answer I asked what the conviction was?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
medicaid fraud
Expert:  Law Pro replied 1 year ago.

Loss of rights due to felony conviction takes many forms. In the United States this includes disenfranchisement, loss of the right to vote, can be on a jury (which most people don't want anyway), and loss of the right to possess firearms.

In the USA, every state except Maine and Vermont prohibits felons from voting while in prison. Nine other states disenfranchise felons for various lengths of time following the completion of their probation or parole. Two states, Kentucky and Virginia, continue to impose a lifelong denial of the right to vote to all citizens with a felony record, in the absence of a restoration of civil rights by the Governor or, where allowed, state legislature.

Those are the most glaring but the felony conviction would have to be revealed on applications (employment or apartment applications), potential loan applications and college applications too.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know…

You can always ask for me in your question, “This question is for Law Pro . . (then on with your question) . . . .

Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted :) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you.

Pressing Accept does not cost you anymore, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated by JustAnswer for assisting you. Please don’t leave negative feedback, If something isn’t working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!

Law Pro, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience: 20 years trial experience in defense of criminal cases