Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

what will happen to a 12 year old if he been with a sex crime

what will happen to a 12 year old if he been with a sex crime made with another minor? it was a oral sex act

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

JD 1992 :

How old was the other child?

JACUSTOMER-sh5zrorz- :

10

JD 1992 :

Likely nothing will happen other than possibly some counseling so long as there wasn't any violence or force.

JD 1992 :

The difference between 10 and 12 isn't enough, without more, to where they are going to push for anything harsh. It would be different if the other child was 2, but unlikely at 10.

Customer:

ok but they put a warrant out for his arrest i have to take him to jevemile center monday will they give him jail time?

Customer:

juvenile center

JD 1992 :

Sorry, had a computer crash and had to switch computers.

Customer:

its ok

JD 1992 :

They may keep him in the juvenile center until you can get to court but that will be pretty quick and then they will almost certainly have him do counseling but that;s about it.

JD 1992 :

He hasn't been in trouble before?

Customer:

no he has not never been into trouble at all

Customer:

im taking him in so they dont do court the same day

JD 1992 :

They have to issue warrants to get him into court and then proceed into the counseling. However, there is an issue since they were so close in age as to why he is being "arrested" and the other child is not.

JD 1992 :

If you get him a lawyer or one gets appointed it is something they will want to look into.

Customer:

he told his mother that he did that to my son but she never tried to talk to me about it i just got a letter in the mail from a detective saying i needed to bring him to safety building

Customer:

and i did

JD 1992 :

I think it is an issue that the lawyer will want to look into. It's not a case of a 12 yo is guilty and a 10 yo is not just because of their age.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

whatever can they charge him as a sex offender

Customer:

can they im sorry

JD 1992 :

Yes, but it doesn't always mean the same thing as it does for an adult.

JD 1992 :

And just because they can doesn't mean they will. SInce the crime is sexual in nature then it is inherently a sex offense.

Customer:

ok thank you

JD 1992 :

Anything else I can assist with?

Customer:

i think u answered all i was very concerned about im just very worried bout will they keep my son monday i never been to ant trouble before all my life so its new to me

JD 1992 :

They could keep him until court but it would be unusual if they did.

JD 1992 :

Usually that is only for kids that are dangerous or repeat offenders or ones that run away.

Customer:

ok yes you have answered all my questions thank you very much and take care

JD 1992 :

Please ask any follow up questions in this thread. When all of your questions have been answered, then I would ask that you give a Positive Rating (of course I'd suggest Excellent) since that is the only way I get credit for my work and also please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. When looking at the answer I ask you to bear in mind I can’t control what the law is and whether it helps you, I can only tell you what it says, and I assume you want truthful information.

However, please do not issue a rating of any kind until all of your questions have been answered and please use the Reply button to ask additional questions or to provide answers to my questions.

Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience: Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.