Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

My 12 year old daughter and 3 other kids took a friends dog

My 12 year old daughter and 3 other kids took a friends dog an my dog to the park. Both were unleashed. The dog bit a person and was then put back on the leash. After the incident, the dog was left off the leash again. However, the mother of the girl who got bit, is sayign the my daughter told the dog to go and get her and bite her. So now she wants to get my daughter on assult charges...should I be worried?

Im sorry to hear of this matter for your daughter.

There is no crime. However, you can be sued for the dog bite, whether or not your daughter said "attack" or not

People who are liable for negligence in a dog case include anyone who unreasonably failed to control the dog on that day, and thereby caused injury to another person

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, I can be sued, not the owner of the dog, or both.

The assult charges worry me...its a total he said she said situation. There is no doubt that the dog bit,

There would be not enough for an assault charge because of the he said she said situation as you note. That is why I did not mention that

The biggest concern, i suggest, is you being sued as you are responsible for your daughters behavior until age 18

And no the dog's owner would not be sued. Your daughter had control over the dog

I think I have answered all your questions; however, if not, please let me know.

Remember, I can only answer and provide true and correct information for what you ask.

Otherwise, please rate this service below Good to Excellent so that I may get credit for my time and information. Thank You and good luck with everything