Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My attorney will not speak to me until a week before my next

My attorney will not speak to me until a week before my next court date, March 27.
The court date is for a Plea Deal but I never had a Pre Trial Hearing. I got a DWI for perscription medications but did not take any that day. I have not seen the evidence against me.I was pulled over for speeding.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question, although I'm sorry you're having trouble with your attorney.

First, a pretrial hearing can be waived by a defendant and that sounds like what has happened in your case. The only way to know for sure is to look at the court docket to see if there is a waiver in the file signed by your attorney on your behalf. If so, then that's obviously why you haven't had such a hearing.

Before entering a plea, or deciding what to do, you certainly should be able to consult with your attorney and review the evidence before making a decision. If the attorney has this personal rule, that's his business, but it is really unorthodox to have sue a rule as it could interfere with the case a great deal. You'll have to decide whether or not you're willing to agree to such a rule. However, if you're uncomfortable with this, you should ask for a meeting, and if your lawyer refuses, you may want to consider finding alternate counsel.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What does sue a rule mean?

Hi -

That's a typo! I'm sorry.

It should read "...., but it is really unorthodox to have SUCH a rule......"