Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

I was charged with FELONY but never convicted thru the state

I was charged with FELONY but never convicted thru the state of GA 2 years later I was told that I was a felon WHY Now I am trying to buy a bar what organization should I contact before investing my monies into this investment to make sure there is not a felony under my social I currently live in Kansas and have been married 3 times
Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a verified expert. I will do whatever I can to answer your questions.
Don't forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service. Please remember when you are asked to give a rating you are rating my service and not the website itself.

The only fool proof way to determine what is attached to your social security number and fingerprints is to do an FBI background check on yourself. Private background check companies are loosely regulated and there is no guarantee their data is either accurate or complete.

Full instructions can be found here

Once you do that, you can determine whether or not you have a felony record. If you want to do a quicker check, and you are positive that whatever you have on your record would be from Georgia, you can do a background check with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Instructions on how to do that can be found here

All you need for the GBI check is your name and date of birth. If you know the name you used when you were accused then you should be able to find out using that what the actual status is of that criminal charge.