joelaws8, Lawyer
Experience:  I can answer general criminal law questions regarding specific statutes and procedure.

What are my legal rights if we were set up by my sons ex to

What are my legal rights if we were set up by my sons ex to get my son arrested on a warrant as we were on our way for him to turn himself in after he saw his son. She lied about having my grandson just to see my son get arrested. We did nothing wrong and when we got to where we were to pick up my grandson we were surrounded by 5 cop cars, asked for our ID'S not asked for proof of insurance. They said they could not see our license plate light on the new truck we just purchased a week earlier.
I am an attorney and am happy to help you with is.

Unfortunately, the presence of trickery does not make an arrest unlawful. So long as the police had probably cause to stop you (in this case, a reasonable belief under the circumstances that your son had a warrant for his arrest and was in the vehicle), then they did nothing unlawful by doing so and taking your son into custody.

I wish I had better news for you. A tough part of being an attorney is being the bearer of bad news. However, if I was to lie and tell you what you want to hear, I would be doing you a huge disservice.

However, he should make note of this incident and bring it up in family court at the next hearing. Using her son as bait to have her son's father arrested will not make his ex look good in court.

I hope that answers your question! If so, please positively rate my answer. Otherwise, I will receive no compensation for my work. Experts only receive compensation for answers when the customer rates the answer. However, if you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

If you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be very happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek at no additional charge.

Thank you very much,