lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney

Customer Question

I live out of country, But i have a address in the USA where i go for holidays and summer, last month i got a Jury Questionere at my US address, so I filled it out, and by mistake I checked yes when they asked if I'm a resident in that county, Because i'm there quite often, but actually my main residence is out of country, and now i'm not in the USA, and they summoned me for jury duty, what should I do?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions. DON’T FORGET, your deposit is not used to compensate me until you rate my service.

You would simply notify them that you are out of the country and not available. Not many people are called so you may never get a notice. I don't see anything for you to worry about. People are excused on a regular basis if they are not available for one reason or another.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, But they write that i need to notify them of my excuse at least 7 days before the date, and now is already within the 7 days

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i already replied

Expert:  lwpat replied 3 years ago.
I understand but you would simply still notify the clerk of court. This is still normal procedure. You can call the clerk of court Monday morning and also send them a letter. Should not be a problem since you are out of the country.