Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

Do all banks require a "arms length affidavit" in a short sale?

Do all banks require a "arms length affidavit" in a short sale? Or is there a law requiring banks to do this?
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thank you for directing your new question to me.

Your Question - Do all banks require a "arms length affidavit" in a short sale? Or is there a law requiring banks to do this?

My Answer - There is not a law that requires an "arm's-length affidavit" in the short sale process. That said, I am unaware of any bank that will not require an "arm's-length affidavit" as part of the short sale process.

I would be glad to respond to any related follow-up questions that you may have.