Joseph
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor
18539850

Hi, I am being threaten by someone to go to police and charge

I am being threaten by someone to go to police and charge with fraud and I am innocent. What should I do?

Based on the facts as you have stated them, I would be inclined to agree with your husband as it appears that there is no need for any response. You have not worked for the family for sometime and there has been very little contact from the daughter. My suspicion is that she is making empty threats. As you have not done "anything wrong", then there clearly cannot be any evidence of wrongdoing on your part. That being the case, you should have no reason to worry.

.
I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

But why threat going to the police? What does the police have to do with her accusing me of fraud? If she strongly feels that I committed fraud why not file a case directly and we can battle and prove my innocence thru the court instead of giving threats. And if she calls the police what is going to happen? Can she actually do that and call the police? What is the process of such case? (I am comparing to movies I watch when they call the police and they arrest the person). Sorry for these questions, it might be too basic, but like I said, I have never encounter such and even any threats. Also, she was in prison when her parents hired me and she was not even involved in the discussion.

Please understand that I cannot possibly tell you WHY she is making threats to call the police, I do not know this woman nor how she thinks. As to whether she CAN call the police, sure, of course she can. However, if she does, the police would likely then come talk to you to ask about the situation and you would tell them what you have described here. Based on that, my suspicion is that nothing more would come of it.

.
.
.
.