Meigs
Meigs, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  I have multiple years experience prosecuting and defending clients.
22589080

A female knowingly gave me Herpes

A female knowingly gave me Herpes

meigs004 :

Hello, how are you today? So you are wondering what you can do since the female who had Herpes, intentionally, and with knowledge, gave you the disease?

Customer:

Yes

meigs004 :

There are options for you, not necessarily criminal options, as she did not commit a crime. However, you could seek an attorney, or do it by yourself if you have the resources, to file a civil lawsuit against her for a number of remedies. You could seek multiple claims against her for her intentional act, and further seek monetary damages for the pain and medical treatments that you will have to undergo to treat that disease. You would need to file a lawsuit against her, alleging amongst other things, battery, assault, negligence, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and the like. Considering that she gave it to you intentionally, you can allege those with good faith, and seek monetary damages for your pain and suffering as well as your future medical treatments.

meigs004 :

Most likely this would be best done with an attorney and I believe, while this type of case may be rare, that you would have a fairly likely chance of success. How do you know that she intentionally gave it to you?

Customer:

What are the statutes of limitations?

meigs004 :

Generally, for those, 2 years from the date of the event, or from the date of discovery.

Customer:

She had ulterior motives! She seduced me a married man and her advisor. She was wanting to provide stability to her children as she was a single parent whom had been through a significant amount of relationships. I found this out after the fact. She was dating someone else at the same time. I have since found out that she has given the STD to others without telling them either. It seems as a way to get them to have to stick around since she gives the disease. She has since caused me significant harm to my business and career.

Customer:

I need to find an attorney in Houston Tx.

Customer:

She needs to be stopped.

meigs004 :

I certainly agree, and I am sorry to hear you were the victim of such an individual. I wish I could recommend an attorney to you, but by the terms of this website, I am unable to make any referrals. It is best to first seek your local bar association and your state bar association for a referral for making such a claim.

meigs004 :

Does this answer your questions?

meigs004 :

if so, please remember to provide a positive rating by clicking the smiley face and submitting. If you have other questions, or would like me to elaborate or clarify the answers provided, please feel free to ask!

Customer:

Yes, Thank you.

meigs004 :

Great, please provide the positive rating.