Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law

Is soliciting for sex a felony in Georgia?

Thank you for your question. If you mean soliciting sex for money, then no, it is not a felony, it is a misdemeanor. The only exception is in the case of the pimp, if they are using minors to solicit sex. Then that would be a felony. You can see that statutes that apply by going to:

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.

You can reply back to me using the Continue the Conversation or Reply to Expert link if you have additional questions; and if you do, keep in mind that I do not know what you may already know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me.

I would respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you rate me based solely on my assistance to you in understanding the law, and not based on whether my answer is what you were hoping to hear. I, unfortunately, have no control over how the law or how it might impact your particular situation. Please reply to me and let me know if you are having difficulty with the rating system or even seeing it. Thank you.