Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I did no time and did 12 months of unsupervised probation

Customer Question

I did no time and did 12 months of unsupervised probation for low class felony for drugs they found a straw that contained traces of meth I called south dakota they told me I still had my voters rights do I have firearm rights also
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

If you have a felony conviction of any kind, which apparently you do since you were on probation, you are precluded from any firearm purchase, possession and/or ownership.

Samuel-II :

Your voting rights are separate and apart from the Firearms.

Samuel-II :

I suggest you will want to apply for a Governor's pardon/clemency and if you are granted that, you can the Petition to have your record expunged.

Samuel-II :

If you have other questions, please post them here and I will provide you information. Otherwise, I would appreciate you taking time to rate this service "good to excellent" so that I may get credit for my time and information. Rating will not close your question. You will always be able to review it. It will only close a Chat - Thank you and good luck