RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

what is maxom penilty for citatian pc647a

Thank you for your question.

Lewd conduct is a misdemeanor offense. The penalties and sentencing for PC 647(a) can include probation, fines, counseling, an AIDS test, an order to stay away from the location, and sometimes even jail. It does not require you to register as a sex offender.

The maximum penalty for a misdemeanor is 12 months in county jail and/or a $2,000 fine.

It is very, very unlikely that you would be sentenced to jail for this, and if given a fine, normally yes, a judge will ask if you need a little time to fully pay any fine (or you can also ask for a little extra time to fully pay).

That said, is this your first appearance? If so, that is normally where you will be asked to simply enter a plea. You can plead guilty and just accept whatever penalty judge gives you, but it's normally in a defendant's best interest to plead not guilty. If you cannot afford a lawyer, you can ask that a public defender be appointed for you. If you plead not guilty, the court will set your case for a later date.

Pleading not guilty will allow you time to meet with a lawyer to review the facts in your case and determine with you if you have any defenses. Even if you do not, a defense lawyer may be able to negotiate a deal to reduce your charge to an infraction such as tresspassing or disturbing the peace, which because they are infractions, would not show up on a criminal record.

If you need me to clarify any portion of my answer, or have additional follow-up questions, please reply back to me by selecting the continue the conversation/reply button, and I will be happy to assist you further.