AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family law Attorney serving California statewide
66829710

Hi. My husband has a charge on his record for a misdemeaner

Hi. My husband has a charge on his record for a misdemeaner 1 for assult from 7 years ago. We are filing to have it expundged. I am not having any luck finding any sample letters. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should include in the letter???Anything that the judge would be looking for? Thanks for your help.

AttyCBradford :

Hello I would be glad to give you some pointers on this. Essentially you would be looking at the same thing as a character reference for a pardon

AttyCBradford :

Here is a link to a good sample you can see online.

AttyCBradford :

http://alis.alberta.ca/pdf/tips/character_letter_example1.pdf

AttyCBradford :

Here is another good link to information

AttyCBradford :

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/character-reference-letter-template-for-court.html

AttyCBradford :

Essentially what you want to have the person include is why they think your husband is a person of good character. You should also include any information as to what he has been doing since the conviction, how has he changed. If he is working a letter from his employer would be helpful as well

AttyCBradford :

If I have answered all your questions then please press accept and provide positive feedback, so I receive credit for my work. If not and you have additional questions please ask, and I will respond promptly. Please note: this is a PAID ANSWERING service, once your question has been answered, press accept. This conversation does not constitute an attorney-client relationship and is offered for informational purposes only. Lastly, sometimes it may take a moment to respond as I work with several customers at a time. Thank you and best of luck.