AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family law Attorney serving California statewide
66829710

Hello, I worked in a gas station where incense(7H, 777) is

I worked in a gas station where incense(7H, 777) is sold. The police arrested the guy selling it and the store owner. They have taken recording tapes of gas station. I work in morning shift and the guy was caught in the evening shift. Will this affect me in any way. I have stopped working after that incident happened. The store is located in Texas.Could you please let me the problems which I would face and what could be their solutions.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 1 year ago.

AttyCBradford :

You just work at the place correct? And they sell 7h, not actual marijuana? In order to hold you liable they would have to estbalish that you had KNOWLEDGE that the product was illegal and you sold it and or distributed it to someone with that knowledge. Sounds like you are going to be free and clear, and the owner will be held liable. As long as you didn't sell it, or buy it, and you didn't know what is was I don't foresee them comign after you

AttyCBradford :
Customer:

I have sold one in morning. But the police caught the person in the evening when i was not available. I doubt it would be recorded in tape. Will they see tape and get to me

AttyCBradford :

most likely not. I don't see this as being a problem. Were you aware of what it was when you were selling it?

Customer:

no

AttyCBradford :

Then the criminal intent would be lacking to prove that you knowingly sold it

AttyCBradford :

I would not stress about the situation until charges are actually brought, but I find that probability low

Customer:

Do I need to get in contact with police and let them know. or do i need to contact the owner

AttyCBradford :

Why would you contact either ?

Customer:

may be to give a statement that i dnt know anything. How would i know that theyu have filed charges on me

AttyCBradford :

from what I have researched 7h is still legal in Texas as it is not marijuana and has not been outlawed. I am not sure what they even arrested the store owner for. If the police need a statement from you they would call you and contact you. Also if they file charges you will be notified

AttyCBradford :
Customer:

From that incident occurred, I have stopped going to that place and my phone has been switched off. Is that means that I am obstructing the law in any way

AttyCBradford :

No, you filled out an employee application, I am sure your employer knows how to reach you. If you wish to go to the police you can, however, I do not see the basis for the arrest

Customer:

If police ask me whether I sold that what should be my reply to them

AttyCBradford :

I cannot advise you to lie to the police, but you should respond with the truth and what you feel is right. If you sold it, then you sold it, but explain that you did not know what it was and that it is not illegal in your understanding

Customer:

I rate the answers and the exit can be able to contact you again , if I have any doubts

AttyCBradford :

yes you just come right back here and respond or you can always message me

AttyCBradford :

i wish you the best

AttyCBradford :

If you do have further questions just keep this link

AttyCBradford :

it will switch to a Q and A format and I will schedule a follow up conversation

Customer:

If I accept to the police that I have sold it without my knowledge what could be the consequences

Customer:

will they fine me or arrest or warn me

AttyCBradford :

i dont see any consequences as its not illegal in the state, most likely they will warn you

Customer:

Does this come under felony

AttyCBradford :
AttyCBradford :

no

Customer:

k thank you

AttyCBradford :

you are welcome

AttyCBradford :

best of luck

AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience: Criminal Defense and Family law Attorney serving California statewide