Meigs
Meigs, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  I have multiple years experience prosecuting and defending clients.
22589080

He was incarcerated at Kings County Psychiatric Hospital prison

He was incarcerated at Kings County Psychiatric Hospital prison ward G building on Winthrop Street, Brooklyn, New York sometime in the early 1960's. There were 3 cells then occupied by George Metesky, Burton Pugach, and a third man who gouged out the eyes of his wife or girlfriend. Who was the third man?

meigs004 :

Hello, so you are looking for an individual that shared a cell with those 2 individuals?

Customer:

there were 3 cells there and each of the men were in their own separate cell.

meigs004 :

I understand, that information is not readily available to me. However, I can recommend, if you are looking for information on patients in a psychiatric hospital, you may run into some legal red tape, as the disclosure of patient information on their condition is protected by federal law. You could seek to contact the hospital for a simple patient log or ask if there is a way to access their patient log archive on the internet. They are going to have to give you voluntary access to that information.

Customer:

I've already tried reaching someone at that hospital. It was 50 years ago and no one seems to know anyone who was there at the time. Who would I ask for the simple patient log?

meigs004 :

You are going to have to get ahold of an administrator who has access to their closed patient files, and hopefully they have not been purged. In a lot of circumstances, they have either been stored at an alternate location, or they will have them scanned into a server.

Customer:

ok, thanks for the information. I'm signing off.