RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

How do I have my photo removed from mugshots.com and other

How do I have my photo removed from mugshots.com and other websites?
Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, it may be impossible to ever completely remove the photo. Police records, including mugshots, are usually considered "public records" or "public domain records", and therefore, it is not unlawful for search engines or sites like Mugshot.com to display them.

Thus, even if you were to pay a site like mugshot.com to remove the picture, that doesn't guarantee that it won't show up later on, on a different site, and there are numerous sites that continue to pop up like mugshot.com

There are sites like ww.hidemymugshot.com that claim to be able to remove your mugshot from the Google Image area and get the link broken, so that over time as Google re-indexes the pages, the information gets pushed further and further down in search results until ultimately it is off.

If you have additional questions or require further information, please click reply/continue the conversation, and I will be happy be help.