Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.

id like to life a pfa in pa and wonder if there is any way

Customer Question

id like to life a pfa in pa and wonder if there is any way to do this
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 3 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Are you the one that initially requested the PFA order? Or was it requested by the state? Is this a temporary order or a permanent order?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i initiated it

Thank you.
The only way to lift the protective order is to go back to the court where you made the request and file a Petition asking that it be withdrawn. Many courthouses have coordinators that help with these orders, so there may be someone there to help. Try calling the courthouse to ask if they have forms you can file, or a person who can assist. If not, you can write the petition yourself - the content is more important than the format.
The request should include facts about when the PFA was requested, the original case number, and a list of reasons that you would like to have it lifted. The judge may request a hearing to determine whether you are making the request voluntarily of your own volition. Then, he has discretion to determine whether to lift the order.
Please rate my service positively before signing out, as this is the only way that I get credit for the time I spend helping you. I hope that you are 100% satisfied - otherwise, please reply so we can continue the conversation. Good luck.