Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 28 yrs. exp. in criminal law

Hello, I am deeply disturbed the past few weeks. I was

I am deeply disturbed the past few weeks. I was on an online adult chat room and one other person sent me some disturbing pictures that were illegal in my opinion. I worry I could get into trouble as having these on my computer even though I only saw them and did not linger but left the room. I wonder about receiving illegal porn and getting in trouble with the law. I only saw the images and left the room. I worry and cant sleep. Can you help me? I am a bit into depression over this. I am squeky clean but for being stupid to enter this chat room out of curiosity. Thank you for your help.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information. I am not sure what your legal question is though. Can you clarify it? Also, what do you mean by "disturbing pictures?" You will have to be more specific.

Also, I need to confirm that you understand that I am not allowed, either by this Site or my State Bar Association, to provide you with a legal opinion or legal advice and can only provide legal information as it relates to the general subject of your question. If you understand these limits please reply with the information that I requested. If not, you will need to consult with a local attorney who can provide you legal advice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is hard for me to talk about. I guess my legal question is if someone sends me what i beleive to illegal pictures can I be in trouble too. I didnt ask for them they came. Can you re-assure me somehow?

Not unless you tell me what the pictures are. I can't answer you unless I know what those photos were. Are you saying that you were supplied with child pornography? If not, what? Sorry but I can't provide you with reassurance unless I have enough facts to do so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

they could be seen as that yes...they were underage in various stage of dress

Thank you for that information. Well if you were in an adult website that does not have a reputation for child pornography, then you should not have to worry about being approached by law enforcement unless you knew that you were talking to someone underage or someone who was sharing child pornography. Also, of course, if you solicited it, then you would have some reason to worry. So, assuming that none of those scenarios apply, you really shouldn't worry too much.

Of course if you are approached by law enforcement you do not want to say anything other than you want to speak to an attorney.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience: Licensed attorney with 28 yrs. exp. in criminal law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you Marsha...I certainly didnt know the other person was sharing illegal porn...they just sent it during our conversation...i feel better about it after chatting with you...thank you so much

You're welcome and best of luck to you. If you can take a moment to provide a positive rating of my efforts to assist you, that would be great.