Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I was arrested in a police sting for solicitation of prostitution.

I was arrested in a police sting for solicitation of prostitution. I've never been arrested for anything before and don't have any record of any kind except an occasional speeding ticket. Should I just declare myself guilty and take my fine? But what is the typical fine for this? I live in Kentucky.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Soliciting prostitution in Kentucky is a Class B Misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 90 days in jail and a $250 fine.

If this is your first offense ever, there should be very little chance of jail time. Instead, you're probably just looking at a fine and probation if you are found guilty or if you plead no contest or guilty.

However, there are possible first time offender programs that you may qualify for, which would allow you to go through probation and keep this offense off of your record. In order to do this, you'll likely need an attorney to work out a deal with the prosecuting attorney. So, if you want to try to keep this off of your record, that's the route you should take.

But, if you just want to put this behind you, then you certainly can plead no contest/guilty, and likely pay a fine and be put on probation.