Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Can my wires parole office place a no contact order between

Can my wires parole office place a no contact order between us even with no new charges or any commission of a crime together. All out of spite. What do I do to have contact with my wife
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

A probation officer can generally institute a no contact order if it is within the authority granted by the court (which it usually is) so long as there is a justifiable basis for doing so.

If your husband's PO has issued a no contact order, then you would have to honor it, OR you would have to file a motion with the trial court and ask the judge to review the PO's decision in instituting the no contact order. At that point, the PO would have to be able to prove that there was some legitimate basis for putting the no contact order into effect. if the officer can't justify his/her actions, the judge can lift the order.

Also, your husband could ask to be re-assigned to another PO if there is proof that this particular PO has some issue with your husband.