AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family law Attorney serving California statewide
66829710

I WAS A VICTIM IN AN ASSAULT CASE AND AT THE TIME OF THE INCIDENT I WAS ANGRY AND NOW I HA

I WAS A VICTIM IN AN ASSAULT CASE AND AT THE TIME OF THE INCIDENT I WAS ANGRY AND NOW I HAVE RECONSIDERED THAT I DO NOT WANT TO PRESS CHARGES AND IT WAS NOT A DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CASE BECAUSE IT WAS NOT A SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP ONLY ROOMMATE SITUATIONS AND I NO LONGER FEEL THAT IT WOULD BE BENEFICIAL FOR MYSELF AND THE CRIME WOULD NOT BE JUST THE INDIVIDUAL WAS ISSUED A SUMMONS TO THE CHARGES OF 3RD DEGREE ASSAULT, AND PHYSICAL HARASSMENT. I WANT TO DROP THE CHARGES. IT WAS IN GRAND JUNCTION, CO, MESA COUNTY. CAN I GO AND TELL THE DA'S OFFICE AND REQUEST THE CHARGES TO BE DROPPED AND NOT HAVE THE STATE PICK UP THE CASE

AttyCBradford :

you can go and request that the charges be dropped, as their case will be significantly weakened without your testimony but so you are aware they can press charges wihtout your permission

AttyCBradford :
Customer:

can I press them hard enough that they will drop them because I feel that they are violating my constitutional rights as an american citizen and that I should have the final say in how the case is to be addressed. Since I'm a tax payer and aren't they supposed to work for the people.

AttyCBradford :

yes you can and you can refuse to testify becuase I am assuming without your testimony they won't have a case right? So if you refuse to testify or if you don't tell the a consistent story or seem to be a credible witness it severely weakens their case and sometimes their won't even prosecute then

AttyCBradford :