AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family law Attorney serving California statewide
66829710

IN I HAVE A QUESTION FOR A CALIFORNIA. PLACER COUNTY. CRIMINAL

IN I HAVE A QUESTION FOR A CALIFORNIA. PLACER COUNTY. CRIMINAL LAWYER

AttyCBradford :

Hello! I would be glad to assist you I am a california attorney and my firm operates in northern and southern california

Customer:

Thank you. I misundestood how to fill up the forms when I asked for food stamps. Because of this miunderstanding I made a mistake and reported only one jub while I had two. I am being ordered to appear in court in about 3 weeks for charges of Welfare fraud (C) (2) and perjury (12 counts). I need to know if the public defender atorney can be with me in the first appearence. and what are my chances of settle this out of court?

AttyCBradford :

Yes you will be given a public defender for your appearance. You need to explain to the judge why it was an oversight and not true fraud. I would bring any evidence to establish that as soon as you discovered you made the error that you tried to correct it You won't settle it out of court, but you will most likely come to an agreement that day on an amount that you will have to pay back and any other possible fines

AttyCBradford :
Customer:

my problemn is that i am dislexic and I dont like when people make me feel retarded so I didnt undeerstand I tought that writing the job was to prove that I was working. I never relized that I was doing something wrong

AttyCBradford :

Well then thats what you explain to the judge and you will just need to explain that to the public defender and she/he will most likely work out a disposition of your case with the district attorney who is prosecuting the case

AttyCBradford :

There is nothing to be ashamed about it sounds like it was an honest msitake

AttyCBradford :
Customer:

Are they going to put me in jail? I am scared and tehy give money for 3 yaers

Customer:

disposion?

AttyCBradford :

most likely not but you will be required to pay the money back and they will put you on a payment plan

Customer:

what is a disposion?

AttyCBradford :

you just need to have your public defender argue that your INTENT was not fraudulent and then it will be hard for them to prove fraud, because based on what you stated that it was an error, your intent was not fraudulent

AttyCBradford :

disposition is an end of the case or a closing/resolution

Customer:

it takes a lot of time to get the disposion? or can that be done the seam day?

AttyCBradford :

it can be done on the same day

AttyCBradford :
Customer:

thank you

AttyCBradford :

you are welcome please don't forget to accept and provide positive feedback