Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

Can I revoke a bond (3K) I posted in ND? Can I take the bonded

Can I revoke a bond (3K) I posted in ND? Can I take the bonded individual into custody and take him to jail to get my bond money back. It should be the same a a bail enforcement agent.

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

Yes. If you can bring in the defendant, you may request to have the bond revoked and him incarcerated and get the bond returned to you

Customer:

Who do i contact to get the bond revoked?

Samuel-II :

You will go to the Magistrate's office and file a Motion to Revoke bond.

Samuel-II :

You will have to have delivered the defendant to the sheriff and have a letter receipt stating that he.she is in custody

Samuel-II :

You cannot revoke and then surrender.

Samuel-II :

Surrender first. Then revoke

Customer:

the defendant was an employee and right after posting bond he stole a company truck, no warrant is out for him yet. The officer in charge of the case said i cant take him into custody. I just wanted to clarify that I have the legal right to apprehend him if I am the one that posted the bond.

Samuel-II :

Are you a licensed bonds man?

Samuel-II :

Or just the employer who posted bond?

Samuel-II :

as a licensed bondsman you have arrest powers.

Customer:

No, I am the employer

Samuel-II :

As a friend who did a favor you have no arrest powers but that does not mean you cannot apprehend a criminal

Samuel-II :

What I suggest is you go to the Magistrate and tell them you want to Revoke the Bond

Customer:

I know that bail bondsman turn over bonds to Bounty hunters, isnt that the same situation? Anyone that holds a bond is the custodian?

Samuel-II :

Yes. And you may apprehend.

Samuel-II :

But you do not have arrest powers.

Samuel-II :

For instance, you have no right to break in a door and arrest this guy

Samuel-II :

as a Licensed bondsman would be able to do or hire a bounty hunter to do it. You cannot hire a bounty hunter to do that because you are not a licensed bondsman. But you can apprehend and surrender.

Samuel-II :

For instance you can tackle the guy in the street and hog tie him, throw him in a pick up and bring him im

Samuel-II :

bring him in

Samuel-II :

You just dont have authority to break into his home and yank him out

Samuel-II :

as a bounty hunter would

Samuel-II :

Bondsman and bounty hunters are licensed.

Customer:

I like the tackling and hog tieing part!!! I'm on it!! Thanks!!

Samuel-II :

LOL

Samuel-II :

You're welcome. Good luck.

Samuel-II :

Please note that if you need more information, you can use the Reply to Expert to Continue the Conversation.

Otherwise, I would appreciate positive ratings so that I get credit for my time and information. This will NOT close your question. It will remain active for future follow ups.

If you cannot see where to Rate this service, please let me know so I can report it to the administrators of the site.

Thank you