Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.

Ok so i went to the impound lot today to get my truck and was

Ok so i went to the impound lot today to get my truck and was still denied and told to go talk to the police department, so i did and they said it was being held for a search warrant because they had been told that their was drugs in it (which theor wasnt). so i gave them verbal permission to search the vehicle and they did and came up with nothing. Should i legally be held to pay the towing and storage fees since they kept it from me and didnt find anything just off of hear say.
I think that as long as they were holding it for evidence, which is what this would have been, then you shouldn't have to pay. However, realistically the way to resolve it is to pay so that no more charges are incurred and then sue to get the money back based on a due process violation.