Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I have to go to court tomorrow for disorderly conduct charges

Customer Question

I have to go to court tomorrow for disorderly conduct charges after I was the victim of my purse being snatched out of my car and I was aggervated by the police in two different counties about drugs because I had pending possession charges in another county. After I was arrested for disorderly conduct the arresting officer told me I should calm down and forget about what had just happened and that they would let me OR out. well after emotional and mentally abused by the officers and dragged across the floor to the holding cell and carried to the holding cell 12 hours later they let me OR out. I still have to go to court tomorrow where I am pleading not guility. however, do not have the funds for a attornery. There is alot more to the story I have not been able to pursue charges correctly due too the investigator I have a witness that was with me but it seems like they are making things hard on me for some reason
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
You do not need the funds for an attorney and are constitutionally entitled to the appointment of a public defender to represent you. Additionally, if you were subjected to illegal unauthorized force, you should also be pursuing a complaint through the internal affairs division of the department or the FBI civil rights unit for investigation. If you have witnesses, then you need to contact the witness and get them to show up in court with you to testify.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”