Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.

Is an arrest for possesion of a class A substance (heroin) a felony in Mass., and would it

Is an arrest for possesion of a class A substance (heroin) a felony in Mass., and would it disqualify you from jury service. No conviction yet, court date pending.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

A first offense is a misdemeanor, which does not affect a person's eligibility for jury duty. G. L. c. 94C, Section 34. In most cases, for a first offense, the person accused can do a deferred adjudication, which means that the case is continued, the person serves a term of probation, and then the charges are dismissed when all of the terms of probation are met.

Please rate my service positively before signing out, as this is the only way that I get credit for the time I spend helping you. I hope that you are 100% satisfied - otherwise, please reply so we can continue the conversation. Good luck.