Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.

What is the statue of limitations for umemployment fraud in

What is the statue of limitations for umemployment fraud in Missouri

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

A civil action for fraud must be brought within five years after the fraud is discovered, but never more than 10 years after it happened. Missouri Stat., Section 516-120.

Unemployment fraud is a Class A misdemeanor for a first offense, which means that the statute of limitations for criminal prosecution is one year. Sections 288-395 and Section 556-036.

Please rate my service positively before signing out, as this is the only way that I get credit for the time I spend helping you. I hope that you are 100% satisfied - otherwise, please reply so we can continue the conversation. Good luck.