shurmust
shurmust, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  I have completed over fifty jury trials in the last three years and teach part-time at a local state college.
69736160

I pled guilty to a DUI last week in Washington DC Still do

I pled guilty to a DUI last week in Washington DC Still do not know Urine test results. I have 2 good points on my drivers record. Will they count against the 12 points for DUI?

shurmust :

Greetings! I am happy to help you on this question. I am very sorry to hear about your DUI. Just out of curiousity, why did you plead guilty to a DUI if you did not know the Urine results?

shurmust :

Greetings!

shurmust :

Generally, as you know, there is a minimum of a six month suspension for a DUI. It is my understanding that the "good points" you may have previously earned "may or may not" be offset.

Customer:

How confidential is this?

Customer:

What determines "may or may not"

shurmust :

Just so you know, there is NO attorney/client privilege in this chat so please disregard the previous question if you feel you may divulge too much information. Frankly, I am not sure what you discussed with your lawyer, but if I can read between the lines it sounds like there may be a good reason why you pleaded before.

shurmust :

It is my understanding that if you are charged with a DUI, that it is in the "discretion" of the DMV to offset your points, rather than multiple speeding tickets.

shurmust :

The reason being is because a DUI is a traffic crime, where speeding is more akin to a "civil" infraction. Does that make sense?

Customer:

Sure. Thanks