Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

Is it illegal under state law (federal is illegal I know) to

Is it illegal under state law (federal is illegal I know) to make butane honey oil?
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Don't Forget that the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law .

Yes it is illegal to make butane honey oil - even under California’s medical laws. Using butane to aid in the making of hash is illegal and you can be charged with manufacturing a controlled substance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where is the information written in regards XXXXX XXXXX controlled substance, can you provide sources?

If it's: California Health and Safety Code Section 11379.6

This states "...any controlled substance specified in Section 11054, 11055, 11056, 11057, or 11058 shall be punished by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision..."

Then when you review those sections listed, none of them state marijuana.

It has to do with safety issues in the production rather than possession. I will look for the statute

Here you go:

Section 11379.6(a) states: "Except as otherwise provided by law, every person who compounds, converts, produces, derives, processes, or prepares, either directly or indirectly by chemical extraction or independently by means of chemical synthesis, any controlled substance - shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for three, five, or seven years and by a fine up to $50,000"
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have also quoted this same statute.

It seems you're version is missing this:

specified in Section 11054, 11055, 11056, 11057, or 11058

Section 11054 includes marijuana:

(13) Marijuana.

Thank you for your business.

The site will be sending you a survey. The results of the survey are essential to my employment.

Question #3 of the survey will ask you: "How likely is it that you would recommend your Expert to a friend?"

I would greatly appreciate it if you would answer "10". If for any reason you cannot answer "10" in response to question number 3, please tell me how I may further assist you.

As always, I am here to address follow-up questions at no additional charge.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

legal medical california marijuana patients can possess concentrated cannabis.

is there a limit on how much they can possess?

Hi Joe,

I see that another expert is answered your question on another page. Do you still need assistance?