15thkid
15thkid, Criminal Defense
Experience:  Licensed Florida Attorney since 1988. Former law professor.
67675363

I was convicted of a misdemeanor sexual offense in 1983 or

Customer Question

I was convicted of a misdemeanor sexual offense in 1983 or 84 . I served my sentence and was released early from probation in may of 1984 or 85 . I was registered as a sexual offender over ten years later in Ca. when the registry laws were first passed . I live now in NC where they have laws more strict than are federal requirements . I want to live my last years in peace and free of the offender list . I'm considering moving to Ga to get removed from the list . Can you advise ? I am 74 yrs old and my offense was over 30 ears ago .
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  15thkid replied 4 years ago.

15thkid :

Greetings to you Sir. Can you tell me what you mean when you say that you were in the process of getting removed in CA? What steps were taken?

JACUSTOMER-4cjbw2t5- :

I had talked to an attorney and he was preparing a petition to the court . I don't remember his name . This was in late 2007 or early 2008 . Your disclaimer really makes it sound like this service is a a waste of time and money . I can do what it is that it appears you do as most of the pertinent information is on the internet myself . This site represented itself as qualified lawyers or at least implied that . I need no information about what took place in CA five tears ago . I need information about GA laws regarding non violent sexual offender registration when the crime was disposed of twenty nine years ago . I expected straight answers no irrelevant questions designed to keep me in communication with you for your financial gain without answering my questions .