How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26730
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex boss is accusing me of payroll theft. he says i stole

This answer was rated:

My ex boss is accusing me of payroll theft. he says i stole money by claiming to many hours on vacation and holidays. Can i go to jail even thought i did not do this?

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand your situation and concern. The allegation alone, is not enough for charges to likely even be filed. He would need to show evidence, to support the allegation, that you did what was alleged. It would be at that time, that the State looks into the matter and decides if they want to prosecute. Now and even if charges are filed later, you will be given a chance to show evidence, that this did not happen. If the police have contacted you and there is an investigation, you can turn over to them for review, any evidence you have, to show that 1) this did not happen or if it did that 2) it was a mistake/error. If so, the money may just need to be returned, to resolve this. While it is punishable by jail ,if convicted, it does not mean it is going to happen, even if you were found guilty. You could receive a probationary sentence and not have to serve any jail time.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

CrimDefense and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you