TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

Are there any websites where you can search to see if a person

Are there any websites where you can search to see if a person has been arrested? If a person has been arrested and fingerprinted, does that automatically become a part of FBI files or other files for when background checks are done on people looking to work with children? Thanks.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Yes, there are websites for various jurisdictions that show if a person has been arrested. A particular jurisdiction does not have to upload such information to a website. So, it depends on the policy of the jurisdiction where the person was arrested. An arrest would automatically become part of the public record, however, and would appear in background checks for employment for a period of 3 years in Pennsylvania.

Does that answer your question? Let me know if you need clarification, and please remember to rate me positively so that I receive credit for my efforts.

Thank you and good luck!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not sure if that answers entirely. Does any arrest and finger printing connected with that automatically become part of the FBI's fingerprint files? Also, could you point me to specific website(s) where an arrest record can be looked up?

Hi again.

The FBI does have a national database of arrests and fingerprints, so it is likely that if you were arrested, the FBI will have that information even if you were not arrested by the FBI (again, it's public record). An example of a website that has arrest records is here: http://www.whosarrested.com/

I hope that helps.