AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family law Attorney serving California statewide
66829710

i am being charged of driving without my ignition interlock

i am being charged of driving without my ignition interlock device. I was stopped for speeding. this happened in Nebraska, Douglas county. What am I facing, I was told this was a felony.

AttyCBradford :

Hello I would be happy to assist you.

AttyCBradford :

Here is the link to the legislation on IIDs in Nebraska http://nebraskalegislature.gov/laws/statutes.php?statute=83-1,127.02 Now to answer your question. If you read the link in particular this section: "(3) Any such person restricted to operating a motor vehicle equipped with such an ignition interlock device who operates upon the highways of this state a motor vehicle without such an ignition interlock device, who operates a motor vehicle equipped with such an ignition interlock device which has been disabled, bypassed, or altered in any way, or who operates a motor vehicle equipped with such an ignition interlock device without obtaining an ignition interlock permit, is guilty of a Class IV felony. The court shall, as a part of the judgment of conviction, order such person not to drive any motor vehicle for any purpose for a period of fifteen years from the date ordered by the court. The court shall also order that the operator's license of such person be revoked for a like period. The revocation shall be administered upon sentencing, upon the final judgment of any appeal or review, or upon the date that any probation is revoked." You can see that a violation of this section (meaning driving without an IID) subjects you to a conviction of a CLASS IV FELONY. You could loose your license for up to 15 years, and not be allowed to drive. Additionally if you were on probation you could be facing a probation violation

AttyCBradford :

If all your questions have been answered please press accept so I can get credit for my work. if not and you have additional questions then please feel free to ask and I will respond promptly. Thank you and please don't forget to press accept so that I get credit.