CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

I had a dui in north Dakota going 84 in a 55 can they charge

I had a dui in north Dakota going 84 in a 55 can they charge me later with more then a dui

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. Were there any additional facts or findings which may have been overlooked by the State, when they filed the charges? Was this just a DUI and the basis for the stop was speeding?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no just the dui and speeding

Chris, thank you for that additional information. The State can amend or add additional charges, if there is a legal basis to support it. Often times, when the case is turned over by the police, to the State, they have an attorney look over the facts to determine the best way to file/charge the defendant. If something comes to light at a later time or something was over looked, a charge could be added or even amended, if needed. If you were just charged with speeding and a DUI, there is no reason for any additional charges to be added, unless they discover something, which was not know at the time.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i had three people with will they file more charges because of that

There would not likely be a basis for it and the State normally does not charge a defendant with any additional crimes, as a result of having additional passengers in the car.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

even with the speed of 84 in a 55

If they wanted to they may find this to be reckless but that is a lesser offense then the DUI. The DUI is the most serious, so that is why they may not charge you with a lesser crime.