How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31379
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

DISORDERLY CONDUCT: If one cops a plea for disordely condut,

This answer was rated:

DISORDERLY CONDUCT: If one cops a plea for disordely condut, will this stay on police recods as a criminal record and can social security payments (benefits after retirement age)
be suspended.
Disorderly Conduct is NOT a crime. Instead, it is a Violation. It's the criminal court equivalent of a traffic ticket.

The offense will NOT give you a criminal record, but it will show up on a background search as a violation.

Possible sentences include:
A fine of up to $250 or
A jail sentence of up to 15 days or
A Conditional Discharge (go home, behave yourself and stay out of trouble for a year or the case can reopen with your next offense).

Also, this should have nothing to do with your social security benefits.
Roger and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions