Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

For PaulMJD. Paul, I think you remember me. I have the felony

For PaulMJD. Paul, I think you remember me. I have the felony assault charge for a voice mail I left. I have a public defender and every time I mention having the recording that the officer submitted as evidence sent to a lab to have checked, they act like they don't hear me. Not really any response at all. I know what I said. And there are bits edited out. There are to recordings on the disc. Mine and someone elses. The other one is crystal clear like a CD. Then mine sounds like a recording made in the 70's with a tape player and a microphone. Is there a reason why they wouldn't want to send it in at the states expense?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
If what you are saying is true, then I do not know why your public defender is refusing to do so other than maybe being overworked or lazy and not having time to get to the tape. You need to contact your defender's supervisor and explain your concerns at the improper representation and explain that you just want him to properly represent you and your best interests.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience