CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  8+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

So im on misdemeanor probation for possession of marijuana

So im on misdemeanor probation for possession of marijuana and failed my drug test....what will happen
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 years ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. Is this your first violation? What drugs did they find in your system?

Hi. I just wanted to follow up and see if you had a chance to respond to my information request above. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Marijuana

It is a technical violation and could result in your probation being revoked and having to serve jail time. Of course, you can try and work out a plea deal with the State, where you do not go to a final VOP hearing and instead, agree to have your probation reinstated and extended. Along with this, they often require a more in depth probation, that could focus more on drug testing and additional treatment. It is not uncommon for a relapse but the court is going to look at the reason for the violation, how long you have been on probation for, along with seeing if you have complied with everything else that was requested of you.

questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Needed more info
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this is my first violation and only probation...I told my officer, I have two jobs and in school and i.have letters from my pastor and teacher stating my progress, will that make me ok
I would be happy to respond but I kindly ask that once we are finished, you re-rate my help, as the bad service, does have a negative effect on me. If you need more info, you can just reply and I would be happy to answer, until you are satisfied. Yes, those things will help, to show you are making an effort to rehabilitate yourself and move on. Seeing that you are in school, jail could likely ruin the semester, so that may not be the appropriate sentence to impose. As such, the letters and you showing good character, can be a mitigating factor to get the State to agree to reinstate and extend the probation term, instead of revoke it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok...n I didnt mean to rate it bad...so thanks...I also told him the reason y...my mom was in the hospital, car bbroke down, so I kinda broke. But my officer said we will talk when I c him Thursday...u think he might just be trying to lure me to his office just to lock me up on the spot
For something like this probable not. Your PO would first have to violate you and get a warrant issues for your arrest for you to be taken into custody. As such, it may be something which they do not report and warn you about smoking and require a retest to make sure the thc levels have gone down.
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience: 8+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.