Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience practicing attorney

Is there any recourse againt a hotel, if their housekeeper

Is there any recourse againt a hotel, if their housekeeper took my property out of my hotel room, while I was a checked in as a guest in the hotel?
Dear JACUSTOMER - If you have proof that the housekeeper was the person who took your property you can file criminal charges against the housekeeper for theft and sue the hotel for you loss, assuming it was done in the course of the housekeeper's employment. If you have no proof then the prosecutor will not accept the charges but you can still file a civil suit if there is at least some evidence that it was the housekeeper. A hotel is not responsible for your property going missing so you would need at least some evidence that it was their employee who took it and not just that it was missing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have a slip that shows one of the articles that was taken from room, happened to be turned into lost and found from the housekeeper who cleaned the room. It has her name, employee number, and my room number where she took the item.