Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

In Texas, can a convicted felon be permitted to purchase a

In Texas, can a convicted felon be permitted to purchase a hand gun after completing probation and never serving time in a prison ? Its been over 10 years since completing probation.

Hi

Unfortunately, the answer is no.

You first have to apply for and be granted a Governor's pardon/clemency for the conviction. Then once that has been granted, you will need to apply to have your firearm rights restored.

Here is a link for the information you need to apply for the Pardon.

Please note that if you need more information, you can use the Reply to Expert to Continue the Conversation. Otherwise, I would appreciate positive ratings so that I get credit for my time and information. This will NOT close your question. It will remain active for future follow ups.

If you cannot see where to Rate me, please let me know so I can report it to the administrators of the site.

Thank you