Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

Can th prosecuite me for something i had no idea of. my online

Can th prosecuite me for something i had no idea of. my online auaintence apparently has caused me to be implicated in a scam and now reieved a letter of Election of proceedimngs form US customs and I am so worried.

I am no criminal

Ronald A Jump
Unfortunately, they can prosecute you for this, but in order to convict you they have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you knew or should have known that this was a fraud. Many times they will file the election of proceedings to secure your testimony against the real perpetrator, but now you are forced to obtain an attorney to represent you and you should NOT make any statements to any law enforcement agents or the US Attorney without one. If you can show you had no intent or knowledge of this fraud, your attorney will meet with the US attorney and negotiate with them to dismiss any charges in this matter based on that evidence of your lack of knowledge and intent.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks for the clearification there, have a nice linch on me .lol

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX if you would click on excellent service feedback. Have a great day.