Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

i am sick and tired of my Ex calling me: exstrotion: either

Customer Question

i am sick and tired of my Ex calling me: exstrotion: either pay child suport or sigh over youre parental rights. the whole marriage was like this, black mail, virbal abuse, rape, slapping the kids, hitting my oldest child w/ a shovel in the back (not his, by blood) domestic abuse, degrading me.......had a local judge, he did not look at my evidence for the huge burse my EX gave me when he raped me!!!!!!
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
You are the second customer I have had today with the similar issue, it must be the time of the year for ex's to go off. I am sorry to hear you are having to put up with this harassment. Unfortunately, once a judge has granted custody, getting the custody changed is not a simple matter. I am sorry nobody helped you before, because if the judge was not considering your evidence it is likely because you were trying to introduce evidence not in a way that conformed to the Nevada Rules of Evidence (which is something that commonly happens with parties who go to court without an attorney). If you did have an attorney when you went to court and lost your custody, you should have appealed that decision at the time, if you did not that makes things a little more complex for you now.

At this point, you are going to be required to prove that there has been a change in conditions such that a change in custody is now warranted. Thus, you will have to prove there is new abuse of the children to the court or that the conditions they are living under are now not in the best interests of the children. You will need to present your evidence in accordance with the rules of evidence to the court and you will have to show how his continued custody of the children is not in the best interests of the children. You need witnesses to testify to his treatment of the children and how he does not properly care for the children. This is what you will need to do to now get custody away from him.

If there is current physical abuse of the children going on, you also need to notify child protection services and they will go in and investigate and if they find abuse, then this finding would be grounds for the court to change custody away from him.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

I am sorry, did you have more information you wished to share with us or did you have further questions or information you would like, as we are more than willing to continue working with you on your matter to try to help you come to some plan to resolve the problems locally.