P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.

Little more than five years ago I was convicted of possession

Little more than five years ago I was convicted of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute in the state of Pennsylvania. I now live in Massachusetts and would like to work at Dick's sporting goods which is a store that sells firearms. Is it okay for me to work in a place that would require me to sell firearms?
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

The short answer is no. You can not work in a job that would give you access or control over firearms. If you do (if the employer allowed you to work in such a position) then you would be in violation of federal law that prohibits possession of a firearm by a felon. The fact you have access to the weapons would put you in violation of the federal law.

Now...if you had a job at Dicks and your employment agreement with the employer prohibited you from access to the firearms, then you would likely be OK (assuming you did not have access to the firearms)

But if your employer gives you authority to sell the weapons, and you do so? You would be in violation of federal law.