lwpat
lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney
15417118

RA-JPM

Customer Question

can you get a class A CDL license with a felony even if it was expunged. What type off background check will employer do.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions. DON’T FORGET, your deposit is not used to compensate me until you rate my service.

If the felony was expunged, then it should not show up on a background check. However, the arrest record may still be out there and it may show up. The type of check depends on the employer. Most only do a check of your driving record while others go further and pull a credit report and do a background investigation. You can get your own criminal record and see what comes up, that is the best thing to do to be sure that it does not show up.

Even if it does show you can get your CDL license but you may not be able to get the Hazmat endorsement.